I attempted to add Windows instance testing into a repository earlier today and encountered a few issues.
- “lts/*” support from NVS. (https://travis-ci.org/ampproject/worker-dom/jobs/440339775)
- Not necessarily a Travis issue, but we use “lts/*” with NVM to ensure tests are run on the latest LTS version of Node (its the only version we support for developer machines).
- Looks like NVS supports a similar feature but it’s version scheme is “lts”.
- Hardcoding major versions seems to be the path others have had success with.
- After specifying “8” as the Node version, Windows instances hang after startup. (https://travis-ci.org/ampproject/worker-dom/jobs/440369244)
- This one is quite strange, as it appears the instances are not even attempting to clone the repo.
- Unable to determine next steps here, but likely will hold off a bit and see if others are having success.
Hope this is useful information! I’m going to experiment a bit more and see if I can resolve the issues.