The topic is intended to share and discuss about the multi arch testing tips on Travis CI.
Want to run and test a software not only on intel x86_64, but also on mobile, IoT device (ARM 64-bit, 32-bit) and HPC (super computer, PowerPC).
- What we want to condier wit low level language programming such as C, C++, Golang.
- Intel, ARM, PowerPC, and etc.
- 64-bit or 32-bit
- Little-endian or Big-endian
- x86_64: (Intel, 64-bit, Little-endian): Use
- ppc64le (Power PC, 64-bit, Little-endian): Use
- Other solutions:
- Use multiarch project (QEMU) and the docker container image. 
setarchcommand with Ubuntu arch packages. 
The other solutions can test most arches covering 32-bit, big-endian. But can improve the user experience on Travis CI.
Related issues on travis-ci/travis-ci
- [RFE] Supporting big endian Linux environment
- Support Android / Arm
-  https://github.com/multiarch/qemu-user-static
-  https://github.com/junaruga/ci-multi-arch-test
-  ruby .travis.yml: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/trunk/.travis.yml