LaTeX Error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found only on osx when building R package

Hi all,

I am experiencing problems when trying to build and test my R package using Travis CI. The package builds on my local Windows machine and via Travis CI on linux but not on osx. I am sure that nothing changed in the code that could affect building of the package, so it seems to be that something changed on the side of Travis CI. I get the following error message:

LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
LaTeX errors found:
! LaTeX Error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found.

I tried to solve the issue by adding the missing package to the .travis.yml:

before_install:
    - tlmgr install inconsolata

as suggested here and here but without success. Apparently, I do not have permission to install the missing package.

Do you have an idea how I can solve this issue? The full log is available here in case this helps.

Thank you in advance,
Robbie

Same here, might be related to the recent switch to TexLive-2019 as the LaTeX package manager seems to fail finding inconsolata in the repository.

It looks to me like the mirror chosen was has not updated to 2019, so I think this will resolve itself naturally when the mirrors catch up. If not I can look into it.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. When do you expect that the mirrors are updated to 2019?

I had the same issue starting 4 days ago (April 29th). I solved it by forcing a previous version of TeXLive with a downgrade to OSX 10.12: osx_image: xcode9.2. I posted a thread on DevOps StackExchange.

For next year and the ones after, how about letting the users specify a TeXLive version?