Make an issue template to tell users what information to include

Does Discourse maybe used for this community system have an issue template feature like GitHub does?

https://help.github.com/en/github/building-a-strong-community/configuring-issue-templates-for-your-repository

I think the template guides users how to report the issue or topic.

Googling “discourse post template what information to include” brings up What are Topic Templates? - howto / faq - Discourse Meta.

1 Like

I was thinking about a Discourse extension that would

• allow to make a response (with options for free-form or a canned one) and mark it as requesting more details
  • then automatically close/unlist/delete the topic if the OP doesn’t provide them within a set timeframe (e.g. 30 days)
  • the mark is removed when the OP (or possibly anyone) replies but you can reinstate it if the reply isn’t satisfactory
  • the privilege is limited to users of a certain trust level (perhaps 3 since this grants the right to automatically remove a topic)

Thank you for raising my idea as a vote!

I have seen countless comments “Put the actual Travis log URL” by Travis people in this community.
I believe that adapting the issue template makes all of us happier.

then automatically close/unlist/delete the topic if the OP doesn’t provide them within a set timeframe (e.g. 30 days)

I have a concern about staring using the stale bot feature.

In my experience of maintaining rack-test project, I think it could be harmful.
When users replied with the comment “Why did you close this ticket with wontfix label ?” for the automatically closed ticket, I felt we lost the trust one by one.

In other words, in podman project, it seems that the stale bot feature works. If maintainers really care about automatically closed ticket, pinning proper ticket, it looks working.

The problem here is not closing but the wrong closing reason. Of course, it should be obvious why the topic was closed.
For Github, if you must use a label, a proper one would be e.g. “invalid”.