How to migrate from .org to .com in the light of .org shutting down?

You may want to consider migrating across to .com sooner rather than later

How do we do that?

OK, I managed to do this for my repos… I wish I recorded a screencast so I could tell you exactly what I did, becuase it involved some confusing steps, which don’t always match the travis documentation.

But basically, you have to go to:

=> Go to Travis CI - Test and Deploy with Confidence

If you have a ‘migrate’ tab there, it will list your repos on travis-ci.org and let you migrate them.

If you do NOT have a migrate tab and/or it does NOT list your repos there, you may have to:

• “opt-in to travis-ci beta” – it’s REALLY not a “beta” at this point, but you still need to take this step. I don’t remember where I found this button, it MIGHT be on account/repositories. Or you might be able to find it in travis-ci.org somewhere?
  • In one of my accounts, it already had some projects on .com from some time ago but still had others on .org. And they weren’t showing up in the ‘migrate’ tab. To fix this, I had to click on “Manage repositories on github” button on Travis CI - Test and Deploy with Confidence, and then switch between ‘only select repositories’ and ‘all repositories’ and click ‘save’ again (you can wind up back where you started, you just need to click ‘save’), to trigger travis to refresh my list of repos. Then they appared on the “migrate” tab again.

If it is repos in a github organization instead of an individual account, similar but start from https://travis-ci.com/organizations/orgname instead of Travis CI - Test and Deploy with Confidence

1 Like