False statement: "Builds have been temporarily disabled for private and public repositories due to a negative credit balance."

I’ve had this issue since Friday:

Well, I noticed it Friday; it could have started up to a week before as a week before last Friday, I ran a successful build.

I have enough credits (3600), and “Consume paid credits for OSS” is on. Always has been on. Just suddenly, Travis refused to work. Neither link in the error message work, by the way. That just gives a “There was an error, please try again” page. First, I figured it was a system-wide thing, and they’d fix it. But now it’s Monday, I’m supposed to release my software, and I can’t run my builds. I can’t find a related post in this forum, either. I can’t be the only one for whom they broke everything, right?

Cheers,

Ivo

Update: When I go to settings, all of a sudden I’m getting “We are unable to start your build at this time. You exceeded the number of users allowed for your plan. Please review your plan details and follow the steps to resolution.”
Also this error makes no sense…

When I then select an organization, we’re back to “Builds have been temporarily disabled for private and public repositories due to a negative credit balance. Please go to the Plan page to replenish your credit balance.”

You’re not alone, it’s also broken for me.

Ah! I’m not sure if that should make me happy or not! :smile:
I’m thinking of emailing support tomorrow since we seem to be a small minority and they might not notice the issues. Did you try writing them already?

No, sorry, I started to migrate my remaining projects to github workflows.

1 Like

No need to be sorry! I might need to do the same… Thanks for your reply!

I can confirm that this is happening with our account too.

Of course this was bound to happen on the day when we need it the most.

This is very frustrating. they emailed saying that it is fixed on my account. the problem still persists.

Switching to GitHub Actions.

Very frustrating indeed… How much time do you expect to need to invest in switching to GitHub Actions? I’m also keen to migrate but I’m the only dev at the moment.

I have the same problem now. Very frustrated is the right wording.

How much time do you expect to need to invest in switching to GitHub Actions?

I migrated a simple project in 1-2 hours. But I have dozens of projects that very rarely get a bug fix. One a year or less. Also the yml files are much bigger than the simple project.

1 Like

Wow, Travis fixed it within 20 minutes.

1 Like

So what’s the outcome, is this a known Travis issue? Is it being worked on?

You’ll need to contact support; then they’ll fix it. They’re pretty quick at it, but they are, apparently, not proactively looking for others who have the same problem.

I have a question on the mechanics of “contacting support”. I can’t remember where I did it, but I submitted a “support” ticket using a web form and supplied my account info. No response or resolution in ~24 hours. I see that I could also email support directly. Which mechanism did you try?

I emailed support@travis-ci.com and got a reply that it was fixed three hours later. I can imagine that this will depend on your timezone and the moment you send that email, though.