Extremely poor official communication of the .org shutdown

Hi buddies,

At this stage, I must say that there’s two annoying things in my opinion :

Still really free for open source ?

First of all, there’s no clear communication about the real legacy of the travis-ci.org motto (still on the homepage) :

Testing your open source
projects will always be free!

Seriously. Always. We like to think of it as our way of giving
back to a community that connects so many people.

In this thread, a user complains that all its free plan credits are gone and no replenishment.

As Jeff Geerling plotted, it seems that all have been said. There’s a dark way to obtain some OSS credits that can be replenished monthly and no more.

Personnally, I added a single (new) package for testing and it was builded fine BEFORE choosing a plan. Then, I registered on free plan and was granted with the 10000 bucks. I relaunched a build to see and, TADAM !, 30 credits gone. Damn, I was better not choosing a plan :crazy_face:

Migration still in beta

Okay, what about migration ? I’ve tried to check and see that I have to subscribe to beta in order to migrate ùy repos even if we’re only 1.5 months from .org closing deadline !

Conclusion

I can’t understand why we’ve received a message pushing for migration asap if things are still so unclear. Better wait and see :roll_eyes: for further explanations before spending some time to migrate to another platform if open source is not unlimited anymore on Travis and migration still in beta.

1 Like