Unexpected build failure (Segmentation fault)

Hello,

I have an unexpected build failure. Restarting the build doesn’t help.
I’ve run the failing command manully and it seems to work fine.
The reported error is:
/home/travis/.travis/job_stages: line 104: 4699 Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Unfortunately, i couldn’t find enough about the problem to solve it, can you please give a pointer to what i might be doing wrong or how can i go about solving it ?

Thank You,
Ajay Tripathi


Ref:
Build: https://travis-ci.org/openwisp/django-ipam/jobs/488230045

Segmentation fault often means bad binary files somewhere. I’d start with disabling/removing the cache and restarting.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.
I tried deleting the cache and running the build again, unfortunatly, no luck.
The build still fails:

line 104:  4612 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)

Best,
Ajay


Ref:
Build: https://travis-ci.org/openwisp/django-ipam/jobs/491051689

Thanks for testing. If the caches are not to blame, then I tend to think that there is an issue with the code. If you are interested in debugging interactively, we are happy to enable the debug feature for you.

https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/running-build-in-debug-mode/

Yes please enable the debug mode, that will be very helpful.
Thank You.

Just incase, mentioning the repository link again, (if required):

repo: https://github.com/openwisp/django-ipam
builds: https://travis-ci.org/openwisp/django-ipam
failure build: https://travis-ci.org/openwisp/django-ipam/jobs/491051689

Thanks again.

Best,
Ajay

I’ve enabled the debug feature for this repository. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry, for an extremely late status update here.
It worked out automatically, we didn’t change anything but rather a couple of weeks later running the tests again worked for us.
In order to mark this issue as solved, I’ll mark this update as the solution.

Best,
Ajay Tripathi

It happened to again, segmentation fault (core dumped) in one of the OpenWISP module for a seemingly innocuous change.

We solved it again, like last time, by adding:

dist: bionic

The PR is here: https://github.com/openwisp/django-netjsonconfig/pull/180/commits
You can see the first commit fails and the changes introduces are pretty simple.

Imprint