Copying the CI log now includes line numbers

A week or two ago, I noticed a change in the CI log. Before I could copy the CI error log to share errors with my collaborators. This simple copy and paste worked well. Now when I copy the CI log, line numbers are added to the start of each line. This radically reduces the readability of the issues that I share with my collaborators. Can we please bring back the old copy/paste functionality that does not include line numbers?

This has been fixed since. See e.g. https://travis-ci.org/native-api/test_travis/builds/589656037

1 Like

@native-api it appears the issue is active again with the latest Safari 14 on macOS Big Sur.

Could the team take a look? Thanks!

Safari 14.0.1 (16610.2.11.51.8)
macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29)

I don’t have a Big Sur machine to test, but this looks like a problem with your Safari.

The numbers’ tags have the “user-select: none” style which should exclude the tag’s contents from selection. Either the page doesn’t have it in your version of Safari for some reason, or your browser ignores it, or you have some browser extension installed or something that overrides this mechanic.

Okay, I’ve checked in Safari 14 in Catalina, and the tag is indeed excluded from selection as seen in the UI – but its contents are nevertheless copied to the clipboard!

So this is definitely a problem with Safari.