Add msys2 support

It would be nice to have MSYS2 environment like the one present in AppVeyor

Raw MSYS2 is enough because MinGW already present in the environment can work with tools from MSYS2.

Right now I get by by installing it at the beginning through chocolatey but it takes almost 10 minutes from valuable build time and doesn’t provide the latest version.

1 Like

I concur with this request.

Another approach is to provide an updated Git for Windows.
Currently it is 2.19.1
https://chocolatey.org/packages/git.install is at 2.22.0

Git for Windows now supports updating using the msys pacman.

I get an error when I try to upgrade git.install

$ choco update git.install

Chocolatey v0.10.11

DEPRECATION NOTICE - choco update is deprecated and will be removed or

replaced in version 1.0.0 with something that performs the functions

of updating package indexes. Please use `choco upgrade` instead.

Upgrading the following packages:

git.install

By upgrading you accept licenses for the packages.

You have git.install v2.19.1 installed. Version 2.22.0 is available based on your source(s).

Progress: Downloading git.install 2.22.0... 100%

git.install v2.22.0 [Approved]

git.install package files upgrade completed. Performing other installation steps.

Using Git LFS

Installing 64-bit git.install...

ERROR: Running ["C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\git.install\tools\Git-2.22.0-64-bit.exe" /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /NOCANCEL /SP- /LOG /COMPONENTS="icons,assoc,assoc_sh,ext,ext\shellhere,ext\guihere,gitlfs,icons\quicklaunch" ] was not successful. Exit code was '1'. See log for possible error messages.

The upgrade of git.install was NOT successful.

Error while running 'C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\git.install\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1'.

See log for details.

Chocolatey upgraded 0/1 packages. 1 packages failed.

See the log for details (C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\logs\chocolatey.log).

Failures

- git.install (exited 1) - Error while running 'C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\git.install\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1'.

See log for details.

See also How do I use mingw and msys2 shells? ; adding a separate msys introduces its own problems as it conflicts with the different cygwin dll’s already loaded by Git Bash.