What is "Running (X/Y)"?

At https://travis-ci.com/ I mostly see the private builds from one organisation. It shows something like this:

The numbers change a lot:

We have 10 concurrent jobs available.

The first number appears to be the number of jobs now running. Is that right?

What is the second number?

Perhaps a tooltip would be useful.

I guess that is the total number of your organization’s jobs that currently exist in Travis’ system (i.e. are either executing or scheduled for execution). The tooltip was likely considered unneeded since the notation “Condition (satisfying objects / total objects)” is very common.

Thanks for the reply!

I guess that is the total number of your organization’s jobs that currently exist in Travis’ system (i.e. are either executing or scheduled for execution).

Hmm, I’m not sure about that.

For example, we have 10 available, so when it shows 6/12, that means we have 4 free slots.

Moments later, it shows 7/14, and stays that way for minutes.

If there were more than 10 executing or scheduled, why doesn’t it ever fill up to, say, 10/12? Or 10/14?

Right now it’s on:

And at the bottom it says “There are no jobs queued”:

A bit later:

And why is the second number always double the first?

The tooltip was likely considered unneeded since the notation “ Condition (satisfying objects / total objects) ” is very common.

Perhaps, although it doesn’t seem to be that, and we haven’t figured it out :slight_smile:

I suspect you are using something like a build with two stages with one job each so exactly one of them is running at a time.

Nope, all sorts of builds are running. Right now:

• a job from a single stage of 4
  • a job from a single stage of 4
  • a job from a single stage of 5
  • a job from a single stage of 5

Would be nice to hear the definitive answer from Travis CI :slight_smile:

I’ve just now discovered that

if you click that “Running (X/Y)” label, you will see the list of the jobs that those counters refer to:

2020-08-22 14_07_39-native-api_dpl - Travis CI

those that are not running will be labelled as “Queued”.

If you don’t see enough jobs, this likely means either that the web UI has gone stale (seems likely since in your screenshots, elapsed time doesn’t change from shot to shot), or you have insufficient rights to see those entries.