Ubuntu xenial and impish have been removed from apt.postgresql.org and `apt update`s are failing for xenial based jobs

As specified in Apt - PostgreSQL wiki

Xenial was moved to apt-archive.postgresql.org the 6th of July and a warning was issued that it would be removed by the end of August.

Today, 19th of September(way later than what it was warned), Xenial is no longer available in apt.postgresql.org.

So whenever an apt update is executed, it fails not being able to fetch xenial binaries from apt.postgresql.org.

I suggest changing apt.postgresql.org for apt-archive.postgresql.org in Xenial to solve the issue.

4 Likes

Thanks @IllicLanthresh,

We are aware of the issue and working on it.

We are seeing an error that looks to be caused by this as well:

E: Package 'postgresql-server-dev-10' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package postgresql-10-postgis-2.5
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'postgresql-10-postgis-2.5'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'postgresql-10-postgis-2.5'
apt-get.diagnostics
apt-get install failed
The command "sudo -E apt-get -yq --no-install-suggests --no-install-recommends $(travis_apt_get_options) install postgresql-10 postgresql-client-10 postgresql-server-dev-10 postgresql-client-common postgresql-common postgresql-10-postgis-2.5" failed and exited with 100 during .

@Montana - Will your fix that you are working on automatically solve this issue for us or do we need to make a change to our .travis.yml to work around the issue? We’re trying to get some changes deployed to production but are currently blocked by this CI issue.

@Montana My builds starting working again today (with no changes on my end). Did you make a change on your end that would explain why the builds are working again today?

My builds are also working again today. @Montana Should we expect this to happen again in the future?

Hey everybody,

Builds should resume as usual. Please don’t hesitate to post back here if there’s an issue. Keeping a close eye on it.

1 Like

Still having build issues. :expressionless:

Still having issues. See: Travis CI - Test and Deploy with Confidence

For us, this is affecting specifically setups with language: haskell since we cannot select a dist other than xenial (apparently).

Also having issues on xenial with language: elixir