Travis-CI Build Hitting Log Size Limit / RcppEigen

Hello,

We have an R package with a lot of dependencies. We use Travis-CI’s build caching, which generally really helps this and makes builds very fast. However, we recently had to clear our cache and have been hitting a lot of problem, including that our build log file exceeds the limit of 4mb. I googled this and ended up setting “CXXFLAGS=$CXXFLAGS -w -DEIGEN_PERMANENTLY_DISABLE_STUPID_WARNINGS” in $HOME/.R/Makevars. This might be helping, but many RcppEigen-related commands dont inherit this and these blocks in particular log a huge amount of text. Has anyone else experienced this, and/or do you have ideas on debugging?

RcppEigen 0.3.3.7.0 gets installed from CRAN. Thanks in advance.

One example output is here:

https://api.travis-ci.com/v3/job/379691434/log.txt

the first few lines of an example are:

begin installing package ‘RSQLite’

• installing source package ‘DDRTree’ …
    ** package ‘DDRTree’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** using staged installation
    ** libs
    make[1]: Entering directory ‘/tmp/Rtmpuvoour/R.INSTALL2854527da0ed/DDRTree/src’
    g++ -std=gnu++11 -I"/opt/R/3.6.3/lib/R/include" -DNDEBUG -I"/home/travis/R/Library/Rcpp/include" -I"/home/travis/R/Library/RcppEigen/include" -I"/home/travis/R/Library/BH/include" -I/usr/local/include -fpic -g -O2 -c DDRTree.cpp -o DDRTree.o
    In file included from /home/travis/R/Library/RcppEigen/include/Eigen/Core:392:0,
    from /home/travis/R/Library/RcppEigen/include/Eigen/Dense:1,
    from /home/travis/R/Library/RcppEigen/include/RcppEigenForward.h:30,
    from /home/travis/R/Library/RcppEigen/include/RcppEigen.h:25,
    from DDRTree.h:5,
    from DDRTree.cpp:1:
    /home/travis/R/Library/RcppEigen/include/Eigen/src/Core/arch/SSE/PacketMath.h:60:39: warning: ignoring attributes on template argument ‘__m128 {aka __vector(4) float}’ [-Wignored-attributes]
    template<> struct is_arithmetic<__m128> { enum { value = true }; };
    ^

+1 for me. Did you come up with a good solution for this? Thank you, Greg.