The command "phpenv global" failed and exited with 1 during

Since about a month (or even longer) I’ve been seeing lots of builds which fail because they can’t install a certain PHP version. Take for example the following build: Travis CI - Test and Deploy with Confidence

You’ll see that because 7.3 isn’t pre-installed it starts downloading and installing. Then I get a curl error:

curl: (56) GnuTLS recv error (-54): Error in the pull function.

And because of that phpenv can’t select the correct php version:

rbenv: version `7.3’ not installed
The command “phpenv global 7.3” failed and exited with 1 during .

This is a bit annoying as there’s nothing wrong except that Travis fails to download a certain PHP version and then fails because of that.

Maybe a solution would be to retry when a curl error happens? But then it would have to wait quite a while. I think investigation into why Travis can’t download these versions sometimes is a better way to go.

Seems like answer was posted on a different issue here: Running phpenv runs rbenv instead

Actually, it’s not since that answer only specifies 7.1 while the issue happens for 7.1, 7.2 & 7.3.

@driesvints Sorry for the troubles you are having with your builds while downloading PHP archives.

We have shipped an improvement last Friday where language archives are now pulled from a CDN instead of from AWS S3. Could you let me know if this happened again since then? Please post links to newer builds if this is the case and we’ll be happy to have a look.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Dominic. There haven’t been any failing builds with this problem since. Thanks a lot for looking into this!

1 Like

Great news! Please create a new post if it happens again. Happy building!

1 Like