Random build appearing

My CI runs have a couple random builds appearing in my stages called Node/*lts, they’re not defined so I’m not sure where they’re coming from. They’re also causing my entire CI to fail

https://travis-ci.org/ChainSafe/lodestar/builds/555768024

It’s defined here:

Thats considered a build? Doesn’t that dictate the nodejs version?

The Node.js version is appearing in the job listing because these are jobs that do not have “name” overridden. These are not “random” jobs; they are as defined in your configuration.

If you don’t want these default jobs in your build, remove - (and fix indentations) from:

These hyphens introduce a new item in the list, and creates a default job from the lines immediately above each one of them.

Based on the documentation here it shows that node_js should specify the version of node, there is no indication of it creating a build

language: node_js
node_js:
  - "7"

What do you expect to happen if this snippet does not define a build? The very purpose of .travis.yml is to define a build and jobs contained therein.

I would expect that the version of node_js i use would be 7 (or lts in my config) as per the documentation. I do not expect it to run as a build.

Node_js is not defined in my jobs, yet it still becomes one.

Without running a build, what good is setting the Node.js version? I’m really having a hard time understanding what you are trying to do.

@BanzaiMan

Based on this configuration:

The following builds appear:
https://travis-ci.org/ChainSafe/lodestar

What i expected:

Lint and check types
- Lodestar
- Eth2.0 Types 

Unit Tests
- Lodestar
- Eth2.0 Types 

E2e Tests
- Lodestar

Spec Tests
- Lodestar

What I get:

Lint and check types
- Node.js:lts/*
- Lodestar
- Eth2.0 Types 

Unit Tests
- Lodestar
- Eth2.0 Types 

E2e Tests
- Lodestar

Spec Tests
- Lodestar

Under my job i never defined Node.js:lts/*, rather thats the language and version I want to boot for all the listed jobs.

How do i remove Node.js:lts/*

I’ve already explained that in Random build appearing.