Option to skip push build if a PR build exists

We would like to be able to skip push builds if there is an associated PR build, while still doing push builds on branches that have not yet been pull requested. Each of our builds takes a lot of resources, and since we ultimately only care that the merged branch passes, we don’t want to waste time and bandwidth on builds that are essentially redundant. We don’t want to disable push builds entirely since they’re vary useful for testing branches before they’re ready to be pull requested.

We’re currently putting together a hackey solution that queries the github api to and then aborts the build quickly if there is a matching PR. This isn’t ideal though because it still spends a minute or two of vm time spinning up each node before it can do the check. It’s also may cause some confusion because it will always report success for the push builds even though they’re really a deliberate skip.

I would also like to have this option. Wasting resources and time on a duplicate build is very frustrating.

Disabling one or the other doesn’t work since I want all PRs built and I want non-PR branches built.