Opengl32.dll is missing

Thank you very much for the answer in Executing application fails with code 0xc0000135 during build - #2 by native-api.
I don’t fully understand how the problem in that thread is connected to my issue.
I tried to link libgcc and libstdc++ statically, with no success however.

But running cygcheck gave me some additional insights:
cygcheck: track_down: could not find OPENGL32.dll

On Ubuntu, I can use xvfb. On Windows, there seems to be no solution yet:

By which I mean that the diagnosis steps in that post are relevant but other parts not necessarily.

ah ok… got it.

Well, in the meanwhile I figured out what’s missing (OPENGL32.dll).

I think my case is slightly different from the one I’ve quoted, since I don’t try to start a GUI.
I just need OpenGL to render into a frame buffer, which is than stored as PNG-image, but never displayed.

Do you think there is a chance to get this working?

It may be present in the Media Foundation feature available for install. Looking at metadata at my local machine, the “Microsoft-Windows-OpenGL” WinSxS component to which opengl32.dll belongs is a dependency of it.

powershell -c "Install-WindowsFeature Server-Media-Foundation"

Thanks for the suggestion, but it does not work.
Have I done wrong something?

in before_install, right after setting up MSYS2:

powershell -c "Install-WindowsFeature Server-Media-Foundation"

yields

Success Restart Needed Exit Code      Feature Result                               
------- -------------- ---------      --------------                               
True    No             Success        {Media Foundation}     

but then, same error:
cygcheck: track_down: could not find OPENGL32.dll

.travis.yml:

Then all I can suggest is to get the necessary DLLs from a Windows Server installation medium independently and copy them to %WINDIR%\System32:

The package mingw-w64-x86_64-mesa provides the OPENGL32.dll.
Installing that package solves the issue.
It’s not the same as on my local machine (which is provided by windows), but it works.

2 Likes

How did you go about installing this package?

I installed the package using msys package manager (pacman).
It’s a long time ago, so I could imagine a lot of dependencies (and the package itself) have changed significantly.
I haven’t used travis recently, so I cannot provide any updates, sorry.

1 Like