Not getting python logger output in Travis logs

I am running the Travis script here: pyDcop/.travis.yml at master · rpgoldman/pyDcop · GitHub

I am trying to debug a problem which is that the tests all pass in Travis, but not locally (I know! The reverse of the usual problem.)

So what I tried to do was to turn on python logging in a particular test, in order to compare input to a function that breaks locally, but works remotely (see test source):

def test_api_distribute_dsa_ilp_fgdp():
    import logging
    logger = logging.getLogger('distribution.ilpfgdp')
    logger.setLevel(logging.DEBUG)

from pydcop.computations_graph import factor_graph
    from pydcop.distribution import ilp_fgdp
    from pydcop.algorithms import dsa

dcop = dcop_graphcoloring_3()
    agents = create_agents('a', range(1, 4), capacity=100)
    dcop._agents_def = agents

cg = factor_graph.build_computation_graph(dcop)
    dist = ilp_fgdp.distribute(cg, dcop.agents.values(),
                               computation_memory=dsa.computation_memory,
                               communication_load=dsa.communication_load)

assert dist.is_hosted(['v1', 'v2', 'v3'])

When I run this locally, I see near the bottom of pytest output:

---------------------------------------------------------- Captured log call -----------------------------------------------------------
ilp_fgdp.py                 97 DEBUG    Must host: defaultdict(<function distribute.<locals>.<lambda> at 0x1051f4b80>, {'a1': ['v1', 'v2', 'v3', 'cost_1', 'cost_2', 'cost_3', 'c1', 'c2'], 'a2': ['v1', 'v2', 'v3', 'cost_1', 'cost_2', 'cost_3', 'c1', 'c2'], 'a3': ['v1', 'v2', 'v3', 'cost_1', 'cost_2', 'cost_3', 'c1', 'c2']})

But when I look at the logs on travis, there’s no transcript of captured log calls.

Is there some way to get this information into the travis logs?

Unfortunately, when I do this, and look at the travis log files, there is no output from pytest. Does travis do something to swallow the output of the python logger