Increased job time limit

Hi, does anyone know if there’s a way to extend the 50 minute job time limit?

Some context: I’m using Travis CI for an Arduino library (https://travis-ci.org/github/jgromes/RadioLib), and I want to compile all examples for all supported platforms prior to releasing a new version of the library. The issue is that there’s quite a few examples (50-60), and build time for different platforms is wildly inconsistent - some take 5 minutes, others exceed the time limit.

The easy solution would be to just ignore the platforms that take long time to build, but since new features are being added to the library, this means more examples, and extended build time on everything, so this solution really isn’t futureproof.

I did find some topics/issues discussing this, but no actual solution other than trying to limit the build time.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Yes, there is. You contact Travis support personally and they consider it on a case by case basis.

Yet now, with stages and workspaces, it’s possible to effectively circumvent the limit by splitting the job into parts, so there’s less and less reason to have to resort to that.

1 Like

I’ll try that - thanks!