How can I configure Travis CI to run multiple jobs in parallel to test a multi-language monorepo and deploy different parts of the application to various cloud services, such as AWS Lambda for serverless functions and Heroku for web applications?

What it wouldn’t let me add on the title, is upon successful builds? Any help would be appreciated.

To set up Travis CI for your multi-language monorepo, start by connecting your GitHub repository to Travis CI. Then, create a .travis.yml file in the root directory of your project. In this file, specify the languages you’re using, such as Python and Node.js. Set up jobs for each language to run tests and deploy to AWS Lambda and Heroku. Install any necessary dependencies for all jobs, and set environment variables for AWS and Heroku credentials.

Encrypt sensitive data using the Travis CLI. Once you’ve completed these steps, commit and push your changes to GitHub. Travis CI will automatically detect the push, run the tests in parallel, and deploy the applications to AWS Lambda and Heroku if the builds are successful. Here’s an example of a .travis.yml that fits your use case pretty well:

matrix:
  include:
    - language: python
      python:
        - "3.8"
      before_install:
        - cd python-app
      install:
        - pip install -r requirements.txt
      script:
        - pytest
      deploy:
        provider: lambda
        function_name: my-python-lambda
        region: us-west-2
        role: arn:aws:iam::123456789012:role/lambda-role
        runtime: python3.8
        handler_name: handler
        access_key_id: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID
        secret_access_key: $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
    - language: node_js
      node_js:
        - "14"
      before_install:
        - cd node-app
      install:
        - npm install
      script:
        - npm test
      deploy:
        provider: heroku
        api_key: $HEROKU_API_KEY
        app: my-node-app

env:
  global:
    - secure: "encrypted-aws-access-key-id"
    - secure: "encrypted-aws-secret-access-key"
    - secure: "encrypted-heroku-api-key"

I hope this was of help. If you need anymore type of help or questions please let me know and I’ll be glad to help you.

Cheers,
Montana