Gravis-CI: reliable multiplatform Java / Gradle builds on Travis CI

TL;DR - here

Hi,
I created a set of scripts (for now just two, they may grow in future if I need something more or if someone else contributes) devoted to work around the continuous issues we are experiencing with downloading JDK versions due to the abuse of the great install-jdk.sh script.
As @sormuras suggested in another topic, Jabba could be a more reliable method for installing the JDK. Gravis does so. It works around the Travis Java support (in fact, I recommend using a language: bash build), installs the JDK selected from the Jabba archive, works around Travis bugs / limitations, and performs the operations.
Instructions are available here, this is the first project where I used it.

Enjoy

3 Likes

All green now! https://travis-ci.org/DanySK/jirf/builds/554187772 :heavy_check_mark:

Now, Travis CI should map their jdk: <key> configuration values to your Jabba-based script(s).
Does Jabba support -ea versions from jdk.java.net? If not, those early-access build can still be served via install-jdk.sh.

1 Like

@BanzaiMan

If I were to decided for Travis CI, Iā€™d route all non-ea and all non-GA requests to Gravis-CI/Jabba.

jdk: openjdk-ea may still be handled by install-jdk.sh.
jdk: openjdk${GA}, with GA=12 as of today, GA=13 in September, and so on could also be handled by install-jdk.sh

1 Like