Does Travis centrally cache Maven artifacts?

We have started seeing strange issues in some of our builds which were otherwise fine.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:testCompile (default-testCompile) on project exist-core: Compilation failure: Compilation failure: 
[ERROR] error reading /home/travis/.m2/repository/org/exist-db/thirdparty/com/ettrema/milton-api/1.8.1.3/milton-api-1.8.1.3.jar; error in opening zip file
[ERROR] error reading /home/travis/.m2/repository/org/exist-db/thirdparty/com/ettrema/milton-client/1.8.1.3/milton-client-1.8.1.3.jar; error in opening zip file
[ERROR] error reading /home/travis/.m2/repository/org/exist-db/thirdparty/com/ettrema/milton-api/1.8.1.3/milton-api-1.8.1.3.jar; error in opening zip file
[ERROR] error reading /home/travis/.m2/repository/org/exist-db/thirdparty/com/ettrema/milton-client/1.8.1.3/milton-client-1.8.1.3.jar; error in opening zip file

See - https://travis-ci.com/github/eXist-db/exist/jobs/314882048#L335

I know exactly what the issue is, but not how to solve it with Travis!

On Maven Central for a very short period of time the Jar files for Milton 1.8.1.3 were corrupt. We talked to Sontaype tech support and were able to have them taken down and replaced with the non-corrupt files. It seems that somehow Travis is pulling/caching the older corrupted Jar files.

Does Travis have a Maven proxy / Cache somewhere centrally where these need to be purged? I have tried clearing all our cached artifacts on Travis but this doesn’t seem to resolve the problem!

Please advise…

Last time I checked, Travis was using google-maven-central. See Disable google-maven-central.

Since you are running mvn with -q, silencing download information, can’t say if that’s still the case.