(Deployment) GH pages

On Windows, the deployment on github pages seems not to be working.
When trying to deploy, and executing the rsync command, the following error occurs:

rsync -rl --exclude .git --delete "C:/Users/travis/build/gegelati/gegelati/neutral_builds/" .
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    Switched to a new branch 'gh-pages'
    failed to deploy
    ssh: Could not resolve hostname c: Name or service not known
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(226) [Receiver=3.1.2] 

The complete log (and config) are available here :
https://travis-ci.com/gegelati/gegelati/builds/135472709

Problem was already raised in Gh-pages deployment failing, but left unsolved after the author simply de-activated deployment for windows.

EDIT: Result is not better with dpl v1:

failed to deploy
C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/provider.rb:97:in `rescue in block in new': uninitialized constant DPL::Provider::Pagesgit (NameError)
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/provider.rb:68:i `block in new'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/cli.rb:41:in `fold'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/provider.rb:67:in `new'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/cli.rb:31:in `run'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/cli.rb:7:in `run'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/bin/dpl:5:in `<top (required)>'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/bin/dpl:23:in `load'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/bin/dpl:23:in `<main>'

C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/provider.rb:72:in `block in new': could not find provider "pagesgit" (DPL::Error)
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/cli.rb:41:in `fold'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/provider.rb:67:in `new'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/cli.rb:31:in `run'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/cli.rb:7:in `run'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/dpl-1.10.13/bin/dpl:5:in `<top (required)>'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/bin/dpl:23:in `load'
	from C:/tools/ruby26/bin/dpl:23:in `<main>'

I, have you resolved?
I’ve the same issue.

Hi Antonoi,

Unfortunately, I didn’t find any “proper” solution, so I went for the ugly workaround :D.

The solution I found (available in this repo) is to

1. Upload files from the Windows Job to a third party server. In my case, I’m using file.io to host the file temporarily.
  2. Still in the Windows job, update a persisting link provided by short.cm so that the link refers to the url returned by file.io. (/!\ not really secured… the authorization token for my personal link appears in the windows job… /!\ If you use some of my code, please make sure to create your own account and link with short.cm)
  3. In a Linux Job (in a stage happening after the windows job), use the persisting link to retrieve the files uploaded from the windows Job.
  4. Deploy github pages from the Linux Job.

All of this is a bit ugly… but this is the best I could do.

I hope this helps.

Karol