Build fails due to AxImp.exe missing

@joshua-anderson @akoeplinger

Hello,

I just added a new repo to Travis and re-used my .travis.yml from another C# project and just updated the .sln filename. But the new repo build always fails due to AxImp.exemissing or being in two locations. I’m not familiar enough with the process to debug this:

/usr/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2721,5): warning MSB3084: Task attempted to find "AxImp.exe" in two locations. 1) Under the "/usr/lib/mono/4.5/" processor specific directory which is generated based on SdkToolsPath 2) The x86 specific directory under "/usr/lib/mono/4.5/" which is specified by the SDKToolsPath property. You may be able to solve the problem by doing one of the following: 1) Set the "SDKToolsPath" property to the location of the Microsoft Windows SDK. [/home/travis/build/tryallthethings/Discord-Disco/DiscordDisco/DiscordDisco.csproj]

1283/usr/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2721,5): error MSB3086: Task could not find "AxImp.exe" using the SdkToolsPath "/usr/lib/mono/4.5/" or the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\NETFXSDK\4.8\WinSDK-NetFx40Tools-x86". Make sure the SdkToolsPath is set and the tool exists in the correct processor specific location under the SdkToolsPath and that the Microsoft Windows SDK is installed [/home/travis/build/tryallthethings/Discord-Disco/DiscordDisco/DiscordDisco.csproj]

1284Done Building Project "/home/travis/build/tryallthethings/Discord-Disco/DiscordDisco/DiscordDisco.csproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

1285Done Building Project "/home/travis/build/tryallthethings/Discord-Disco/DiscordDisco.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Could you please have a look?

https://travis-ci.org/github/tryallthethings/Discord-Disco

As per

(2nd in Google on “mono AxImp.exe”)

Aximp.exe is Windows only, there are no ActiveX controls on Linux or macOS.

I’m not using any ActiveX-Control in my project and I couldn’t find any ActiveX reference in the additional library I added.

You have COMReference in your project. It’s not supported on non-Windows platform.

Thank you! That COMReference was an not used Reference to the Windows Media Player library. Removing it fixed the issue.

1 Like