Ability to quickly change visibility of environment variable value

As of now, In the Settings page, I have to delete an environment variable, reset it and make sure to turn on the Display value in build log setting.

I’d like it to be possible to simply click on an icon - an eye icon for example - to switch the visibility of the env var in the build log. Would save me some time.

Cheers.

Hey @Nick! Thanks so much for the suggestion - it’s an interesting one. I love the idea, but at this point, it’s a fairly difficult implementation as we treat our streaming and archived logs as a blob of text, so retroactively hiding a particular value is “interesting”… that said, we’re considering different ideas/improvements to logs - so we’ll definitely keep this in mind for the future. Super interested too, if others are curious about this feature as well. Thanks a ton for the recommendation!

I think @Nick meant flipping visibility for the new builds. As a replacement for the current remove-then-add-back flow. It’s much easier to implement.

Ahhhh… thanks @webknjaz - that makes good sense! Interesting… I like this idea! Will check back here to see if it’s possible to slot into potential env var improvements