Troubleshoot failing builds after Linux Infrastructure Migration

My public repos seem to build now using the new linux infrastructure instead of the docker images. Because of the migration the build fails now and I cannot figure out why.

The build runs without any problems in a local docker environment using travisci/ci-garnet:packer-1512502276-986baf0

However, using a local docker instances to debug builds is no longer supported. The only option I found is using the Debug Mode.

But this requires to be enabled by the support manually per public repo.

Is there another option to debug the builds?

No, besides debug printing.

You can kind of recreate the build environment by examining the builder with things like find / and set (since the output would be very long, better pipe it to an archive and upload it somewhere) but this is not officially supported.

Tracing bash scripts with set -x and export PS4='+(${BASH_SOURCE}:${LINENO}): ${FUNCNAME[0]:+${FUNCNAME[0]}(): }' proved useful for me for bash logic specifically.

This line looks suspicious: git clone https://github.com/hakito/travis.git --depth 1 ../travis . You are cloning to outside the build subtree which in general is not a good idea.
Your include dirs also look nothing like this dir.
Judging by paths, your build logic probably assumes that the build takes place in /home/travis but this is not (no longer?) the case.

Thanks for the quick reply. I could alredy figure out that the problem is that now travis-ci installs global composer packages into a different folder. I could fix this by adapting my before script.

However the new build environment seems to have some other big issues as composer does not work for hhvm builds anymore.