My Github projects use Travis CI to compile front end files and generate a release.zip for upload back to Github.
After some months away from these projects, this release deployment process is no longer working.
I have searched around the web and through this forum, and have tried the following:
- validating my build config at https://config.travis-ci.com/explore
- generating a new Github Personal Access Token and recreating the Travis environmental variable
- as above, plus encrypting this using
travis encrypt my_github_api_personal_access_token
- confirming that I can connect to the Github API using this token unencrypted, using
curl -H "Authorization: token my_github_api_personal_access_token" https://api.github.com
- using the encrypted token in my Travis build config rather than the environmental variable
- renaming my environmental variable from
$GITHUB_TOKENand removing the token key, as per my understanding of https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/deployment-v2/providers/releases/ (this failed)
- confirming that I am still using travis-ci.org (public projects) and not the new travis-ci.com (public/private projects, in beta)
- confirming that I am not using GitHub Enterprise