Rebar problems in Travis CI

Build errors out as:

$ source ${TRAVIS_HOME}/otp/23.0/activate 3.01s$ ./rebar get-deps /home/travis/.travis/functions: line 355: ./rebar: Permission denied The command "eval ./rebar get-deps " failed. Retrying, 2 of 3. /home/travis/.travis/functions: line 355: ./rebar: Permission denied The command "eval ./rebar get-deps " failed. Retrying, 3 of 3. /home/travis/.travis/functions: line 355: ./rebar: Permission denied The command "eval ./rebar get-deps " failed 3 times. The command "./rebar get-deps" failed and exited with 126 during . Your build has been stopped.

I don’t understand why I am getting this error message. I used the .travis.ym from the nitrogen framework which my project uses as a base. As you can see my Can someone please explain why this is happening and how to fix it?

Just reading the error output, it seem the OS path write permission problem. It is related to eval ./rebar get-deps failed. You can debug the problem by running ./rebar get-deps by yourself and find which path the program want to use, then set the path permission correctly or may be the path already exists.

Or rm -Rf deps may be helpful.

It may be related to rebar application, use chmod 700 rebar to solve the problem.

The followings are .travis.yml and Makefile, it show it use local ./rebar file. you can change Makefile to global rebar file, and I think that would solve the issue.

1 Like

was able to revisit this and this worked, thanks @montana!

I’m glad I could be of assistance.