Please Install This Dependencies to Image

I want to test node.js addon on older versions.

Build job is giving following error:

MSBUILD : error MSB4132: The tools version "2.0" is unrecognized. Available tools versions are "4.0".

I learned the solution. https://github.com/microsoft/msbuild/issues/4415

But there is an other problem.

error MSB3428: Could not load the Visual C++ component "VCBuild.exe". 
To fix this, 
1) install the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, 
2) install Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or 
3) add the location of the component to the system path if it is installed elsewhere.

Please enable dotnet 3.5 and install dependencies

You might be able to install the .net 2.0+3.0+3.5 feature yourself with powershell’s Get-WindowsFeature+Install-WindowsFeature. (The docs don’t specify anything about elevation so I don’t know if that’ll work.)

vcbuild.exe is a part of VS 2005 and VS 2008 which are not freely available unless you have an MSDN subscription or something. Express Editions are but they only have an x86 compiler toolchain – dunno if that’s a showstopper for you.

Travis CI - Test and Deploy with Confidence shows that this is not possible:

$ powershell -c 'Get-WindowsFeature'
Display Name                                            Name                       Install State
------------                                            ----                       -------------
<...>
[ ] .NET Framework 3.5 Features                         NET-Framework-Features         Available
    [ ] .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)  NET-Framework-Core               Removed
<...>

So, only Travis staff can say something here…