Node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by node)

Hi,

When attempting any kind of nodejs build with Travis, I get the following errors:

node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by node)
node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by node)
node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by node)
node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by node)
node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by node)
node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by node)

Here is my .travis.yml:

language: node_js
node_js: lts/*
script:
  - npm run build || travis_terminate 1;

I have checked through the travis docs and this config looks to be valid can somebody explain what setting(s) I am missing?

Thanks

1 Like

For anyone else finding this, Node 18 (and beyond) is built against RHEL8 . The GLIB requirement isn’t backwards compatible. You’ll need to target ubuntu 20, 22 and beyond to build successfully.

Info on supported environments and how to change the default target: The Ubuntu Linux Build Environments - Travis CI

1 Like