How to configure GCS deploy timeout in travis_ci

Hi,

I want to configure our GCS deployment instance timeout in Travis but I get:

No output has been received in the last 10m0s, 
this potentially indicates a stalled build or something wrong with the build itself.
Check the details on how to adjust your build configuration on: 
https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/common-build-problems/#Build-times-out-because-no-output-was-received

But I don’t find option to change timeout ? How it’s possible ?

There is no configuration tweak in Travis for a deployment timeout, but you could add a background process that writes something to STDOUT before the deployment starts. This will prevent your deployment from getting killed when the 10 minutes is up.

For the least visual infractions, one can write visual bells (\a):

before_deploy: |
  function keep_alive() {
    while true; do
      echo -en "\a"
      sleep 5
    done
  }
  keep_alive &
1 Like

Speaking of which, why is there no output for 10 minutes? Maybe that does mean a stalled deployment?
The timeout exists specifically to terminate hung builds.

1 Like

Heyo @native-api,

It could mean various things, so for example let’s say a build runs the same task on all jobs (on different stacks). Let’s also say you have 4 jobs, you can see that jobs 1 and 2 ran on GCE (with sudo: required , which is the default for the repository, but now moot), and the jobs 3 and 4 ran on EC2 (with sudo: false ).

From this, I deduce that the issue is present only on containers (on EC2, with sudo: false ). The OP didn’t give much information, but I assume something like this is going on, and if that’s the case could cause queue hangups causing this to happen.

1 Like