Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement awscli

Yesterday, I found an unexpected bug while deploying my app. I have tried

pip install awscli --upgrade --user
pip uninstall awscli
pip install awscli --upgrade --user

pip install --user 'awscli==1.19.56'

pip install --user awscli botocore==1.8.42

but nothing works for me. if someone has found any problem in code , it is highly appreciated to share with me, I have attached the scripts and logs

thanks in advance.

.travis.yml:

deploy:
  skip_cleanup: true
  provider: script
  script: bin/build/travis-upload-apidoc.sh && bin/build/travis-build-docker-image.sh
  on:
    tags: true

Log:

SNIMissingWarning
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl.py:122: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see Advanced Usage - urllib3 2.1.0 documentation.
InsecurePlatformWarning
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement awscli (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for awscli

bin/build/travis-upload-apidoc.sh:

docker --version
if [ "$TRAVIS" = "true" ]
then
pip install --user awscli
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/.local/bin
fi

aws ecr get-login --region ${AWS_REGION} --no-include-email

docker build -t ${DOCKER_REPO}:${DOCKER_TAG} .
docker tag ${DOCKER_REPO}:${DOCKER_TAG} ${DOCKER_REGISTRY}/${DOCKER_REPO}:${DOCKER_TAG}
docker push ${DOCKER_REGISTRY}/${DOCKER_REPO}:${DOCKER_TAG}

cd devops/docker/neo4j

docker build -t ${DOCKER_REPO_NEO4J}:${DOCKER_TAG} .
docker tag ${DOCKER_REPO_NEO4J}:${DOCKER_TAG} ${DOCKER_REGISTRY}/${DOCKER_REPO_NEO4J}:${DOCKER_TAG}
docker push ${DOCKER_REGISTRY}/${DOCKER_REPO_NEO4J}:${DOCKER_TAG}

Run pip with -v to see what versions it considers and why it discards them.

Can’t say anything else with the info given, I can hardly even read it. Use formatting buttons in the editing window to properly format code and output.

Thanks native api, here is the log when I use pip -v

Docker version 17.09.0-ce, build afdb6d4
pip 9.0.1 from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (python 2.7)

and also sometime it runs successfull but ended up with another bug

no basic auth credentials
Script failed with status 1

I have add ACCESS and SECRET key in the environmental variable
and use

pip install --user awscli

in the script but still got the no basic auth bug.

Looks like you’re deploying by hand – so it’s your job to diagnose any errors in your custom build logic. All I can say is that you’re using an ancient Pip and probably Python version – this may be related.

The SNIMissingWarning is

Thanks for your feedback native api,

I have deployed using the custom code, but it works perfectly fine till Sunday, I have used the regular python v2.7, which is pretty normal. I think it is definitely a bug.

You didn’t show the build or the relevant part of the logic, so I can’t say anything else anyway.

This bug has been fixed by the travis team, and the issue of no auth has been fixed by updating the travis-cli version

1 Like