Dbus-python Dependency (any version) does not work

@BanzaiMan you are amazing! We’re sooo close all thanks to you! I really appreciate your insight here! :clap: :trophy:

Failure Build #7 only fails to build a pypy and pypy3 build now. But the previous 5 build beautifully! :grinning:

At this point I could drop support for the pypi builds, but i’d be happier keeping them if I could. There errors now have flipped to failing (because of dbus errors) to just not having the ability to build at all (no package to fetch).

Can I poll all of you for more advice just close off this issue for good? :pray:

In the meantime, at least i’ve got a new error; so I’ll also Google around and make myself useful!

Edit: Just to answer your other question:

How does it work on your development machine?

I use CentOS 7.x; so python2-dbus (for python v2.7) and python3-dbus are indeed installable packages. But like any other distribution, CentOS builds their packages straight from PyPI so it wouldn’t be much different then their equivalent deb packages (for Ubuntu). Or even for those who just use pypi directly (assuming they have a compiler and dependencies installed) who install it on the fly.

Edit 2: I found this link which at least lets me fetch the updated packages, but i still fail to build on dbus related issues.
Failure Build #8 :slightly_frowning_face: