RubyGems deployment fails (This rubygem could not be found. (Gems::NotFound))

I’ve been trying to publish a Gem to RubyGems on both Darwin and Linux, but I have not been able to do so:

The specific error message is this:

/home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/gems-1.2.0/lib/gems/request.rb:73:in `body_from_response': This rubygem could not be found. (Gems::NotFound)

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/gems-1.2.0/lib/gems/request.rb:57:in `request'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/gems-1.2.0/lib/gems/request.rb:13:in `get'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/gems-1.2.0/lib/gems/client.rb:26:in `info'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/gems-1.2.0/lib/gems.rb:17:in `method_missing'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/dpl-rubygems-1.10.13/lib/dpl/provider/rubygems.rb:28:in `check_app'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/provider.rb:188:in `block in deploy'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/cli.rb:41:in `fold'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/provider.rb:186:in `deploy'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/cli.rb:32:in `run'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/dpl-1.10.13/lib/dpl/cli.rb:7:in `run'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/gems/dpl-1.10.13/bin/dpl:5:in `<top (required)>'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/bin/dpl:23:in `load'

from /home/travis/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.5/bin/dpl:23:in `<main>'

failed to deploy

Which doesn’t make any sense to me considering that I can gem build and gem install the Gem.

Thanks for any help!

AFAICS there’s no such gem entry “mather-rb” at RubyGems.org – which is what the message is telling you. I guess you need to somehow register it first.

Oh, so I have to deploy one release manually first? I’ll try that right now.

That appears to have been the reason! It has now been published. Thanks so much!

Here is the Gem: https://rubygems.org/gems/mather-rb